Our mission is to passionately understand and protect our clients’ assets, interests, and dreams.
Our Core Values:
- Integrity - Valuing a reputation of truth and honesty in all dealings
- Stewardship - Responsibly managing the needs of our customers, employees, insurance company partners and the community
- Collaboration - Fully leveraging our combined knowledge, skills and talents
- Innovation - Looking beyond what is to what could be
- Excellence - Focus on being a performance-driven organization with a relentless commitment to quality
Independently Owned. Worldwide Capabilities. Half a Century of Experience.
- Independently owned and managed
- Full-service offices in Dallas and Fort Worth
- Full range of services and coverages for both businesses and individuals
- Serving local, regional and global companies in virtually every business sector
- Worldwide capabilities in 130 countries on six continents
- More than 60 employees, with an average of 15 years experience in insurance and risk management
- An Assurex Global partner, offering extensive access to insurance carriers and underwriters in key world markets
- A TechAssure partner, providing deep expertise and specialty programs for the technology industry
More Than 65 Years of Experience – A Merger of Two Client-Centric Agencies. Roach Howard Smith & Barton is the result of two agencies that merged in 1998 after finding great commonality in their service philosophies and complementary strengths in their product offerings and industry knowledge. Our firm’s client-centric focus has catapulted us to becoming a leading independent insurance brokerage firm in the country and the North Texas area’s only Assurex Global partner.
Our roots in Dallas began in 1955 when Richard Roach, our founder, sold his first insurance policy. Soon after Mr. Roach founded his firm he was joined by Leroy Howard, Max Smith, and Archie Hunter and in 1972, the firm name became Roach Howard Smith & Hunter, Inc.
In Fort Worth, our firm’s other half, L.T. Barton Insurance, was founded in 1945, and became one of the most respected agencies in its region. Just like Mr. Roach, Barton’s success was based on personalized service and professional expertise that continuously exceeded client expectations.
Roach Howard Smith & Barton has kept its roots in Dallas and Fort Worth, offering a comprehensive range of personal and global insurance services, employing more than 80 people, and generating more than $100 million annually in premiums.
We are relentlessly focused on Richard Roach’s client-centric philosophy and have enjoyed success because of it. Our business is protecting your business, your family, and your assets. We promise to put your needs first.