Certified Patient Protection & Affordable Care Act Professional
Vice President, Benefit Services & Compliance Director
Shannon provides RHSB with oversight of Benefit Services and is also our Compliance Director. She has over 12 years’ of experience managing compliance services.
Shannon also has ten years of experience with the long-term care industry in social services and administration. She managed a 52 bed Alzheimer’s Assisted Living Center, working in all aspects of administration including financial and insurance related issues.
Some of Shannon’s accomplishments and professional activities include:
- Certified Patient Protection & Affordable Care Act Professional since 2011
- Compliance and legislative review; educating clients about changes and updates in health care, insurance and HR services.
- Presentations given to employer and industry groups regarding health care reform, compliance and benefits services. Presentations given to employees on health care consumerism and other related topics.
- Coordinating for clients the selection and implementation of Online Enrollment, Payroll and HRIS systems.
- Working with clients to design and implement enrollment and communication material.
- Masters of Science degree from the University of North Texas in Studies in Aging with a minor in counseling; named Outstanding Student.
- Magna Cum Laude graduate from Hastings College with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Human Services Administration and Psychology.
- Published several articles in Gerontological journals regarding research and work in the field of aging and Alzheimer’s disease.